Monday 13 March 2017

Term 1 - Week 7

Hi parents,

Welcome back! I can’t believe we are already into our seventh week!  


QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"If you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten." - Tony Robbins


Sight Words
The sight word flash cards will be ready during the week. I am sorry this has taken longer than expected. The children will bring home their Sight Word List Overview for you tomorrow.


HOME LEARNING WEEK 6
The following tasks should be completed each night:

1.    Reading (readers) - 10mins
2.     UNIT 7: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 4)

The following tasks are only required to be completed once:

1.    Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2.    Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3.    Tell your parents something that you are grateful for and why?
4.    Housework - You decide.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.

COMPREHENSION STRATEGY FOCUS
The strategy mentioned below was the focus for last week.

Questioning is when readers ask questions before, during and after reading to clarify meaning, make predictions, and identify what is important.

Some examples of questions are:

BEFORE READING
1.    What do I already know?
2.    What would I like to know?
3.    I wonder if…?

DURING READING
1.    Does this make sense?
2.    Hmm, I wonder…?
3.    I think… because…
4.    I still need answers to the question…

AFTER READING
1.    Why did the author write this?
2.    What do I know now that I didn’t know before I read this?
3.    If I had to tell someone about what I just read, what would I say?

NUMERACY FOCUS
This week we will be reviewing our learning of the first 6 weeks.


Enjoy the week,

Mr. Jones