I hope you all had a great weekend. I was busy picking grapes and making wine with a good, traditional Italian family. If you want to drink the wine, you have to do the time! Margaret River Masters begins this Week, so hopefully we all to get to experience some great surfing.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"Tell the teacher we’re surfing." – The Beach Boys
As you are aware, parent interviews are on this week. To maximise the 15 minutes, we have to chat, please be punctual and have any questions or concerns ready for discussion. Due to time restraints and being fair to all parents, I apologise in advance for any conversations that are cut short to allow another meeting to begin. I appreciate your understanding with this matter.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 9
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 9: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 3)
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. If possible, go and watch some surfing at the Margaret River Masters.
4. Housework – Clean your room.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Last week, we learnt about the structure of a persuasive piece of writing. Hopefully, the children came home and taught you an easy way to remember the structure (using their hand). We also wrote a class persuasive article on why sport is important and the children came up with some great ideas. This week, we will be writing our own persuasive texts.
This week, we will be learning about fractions.
Stations of the Cross
On Wednesday (week 10), the Year 3’s will be responsible for Stations 7, 8 and 9. Roles haven’t been allocated, but I may require you to look after the costume that your child will wear. I will post more information on the blog during the week. Thank you!
Enjoy the week,