I hope you had a fantastic weekend spoiling all the dads in your world.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” Winston Churchill
OLC JUMPS AND THROWS CARNIVAL
During their sports lesson on Wednesday (Week 8 and 9), the children will be completing their jumps and throws. Please send your child to school in their faction shirt.
Your child received a letter last week explaining the ‘Shoebox Gift’ tradition at Our Lady of the Cape. Please click on the following link for some more information and possible gift ideas. Gifts need to be in by the end of this week. Thank you to everyone who has already brought in their gift.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘Y’ as in ready
3a: ‘EY’ as in monkey
3b: ‘QU’ as in quit
4a: ‘ION’ as in vision
4b: ‘AIN’ as in certain
5a: ‘CIOUS’ as in precious
5b/6a: ‘CH’ as “sh” - parachute
This week, our reading focus is ‘making connections’. Making connections is when readers make connections between:
Text-to-self – This reminds me of a time when I… I know about this topic because…
Text-to-text – This reminds me of a book I read… This is different to _____ because ______...
The children will begin writing an information report on an animal of their choice.
This week, we will be exploring ‘3D shapes’ and their characteristics.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 8
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 27: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x6)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Watch a play with your family.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,