Go you EAGLES! What a win! What a weekend!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“If we had no Winter, the Spring would not be so pleasant.” Anne Bradstreet
OLC JUMPS AND THROWS CARNIVAL
During their sports lesson on Wednesday (Week 8 and 9), the children will be completing their jumps and throws. Please send your child to school in their faction shirt.
A reminder that the carnival is this Thursday. It would be great if you could make it down to support the children.
A letter will be coming home regarding our excursion to Ngilgi Cave next Tuesday 19th September.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘EW’ as in chew
3a: ‘DGE’ as in ledge
4a: ‘AIN’ as in ‘en’ - remain
4b: ‘EI’ as in ‘ay’ - weigh
5a: ‘PRO’ meaning before – protect
5b/6a: ‘QUET’ and ‘HYPER’ – banquet, hyperactive
This week, our reading focus is ‘visualising. Visualising is when readers create pictures in their head based on what’s happening in the writing. It helps the text ‘come alive’.
The students have researched their Australian animals and have begun drafting their information reports.
This week, we will be investigating ‘chance events’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 9
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 28: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x7)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Go for a walk with the family.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,