Great to be back and it looks like we may finally get some easterly winds towards the end of the week. Hopefully they bring with it, some sunshine to dry out the oval.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Look for beauty where it is not supposed to be found.” Claes Oldenburg
Thank you to all of the prize donations for the Year 3 stall. The Mission Market will take place tomorrow during morning tea and lunch. It would be great if any money that the children bring in, is in the form of coins. A maximum of $10 has been set for all children in the senior school. Thank you for supporting the school with this decision.
PUPIL FREE DAY
A reminder that this Friday is a pupil free day for all students.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘IR’ as in thirsty
3a: ‘EA’ as in bread
3b: ‘NGE’ as in sponge
4a: ‘AGE’ as in luggage
4b: ‘USE’ and ‘U’ as “oo” – accuse, push
5a: ‘BI’ - bisect
5b/6a: ‘OU’ as “u” - touch
This week, our reading focus is ‘synthesising’. Synthesising is about adding what you’ve read, to all the knowledge that’s already in your brain and coming up with a better understanding of a particular topic. We most often synthesise when we read non-fiction texts.
We are busy using the ‘hamburger analogy’ to help us write the different paragraphs on our planet information report.
This week, we will be learning about ‘collecting data. We can collect data from many different sources including: observations, surveys, test results and other sources.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 5
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 24: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x6)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Clean your room or a room in the house.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,