I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend amongst the sunshine. Unfortunately, it has all but disappeared. Hopefully it makes its way back out during the week.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Eat less from a box and more from the earth.” Foodmatters
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘AW’ as in raw
3a: ‘PH’ as in orphan
3b: ‘BLE’ as in table
4a: ‘G’ as ‘j’ - engine
4b: ‘OUS’ as in tremendous
5a: ‘IN’ and ‘IM’ – include, impact
5b/6a: ‘ENT’ - talent
This week, our reading focus is ‘inferring’. When students infer, they are able to ‘read between the lines’ and use clues to understand the author's hidden messages.
We are now beginning to plan a new information report. Last week, small groups researched a particular planet. We will now use that information to write a report.
This week, we will be learning ‘multiplication written strategies’. We can split larger numbers to make multiplying easier.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 4
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 23: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x9)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Sing or dance to a song with mum or dad.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,