I hope you had a great weekend with the little rays of sunshine bursting through yesterday! If the yellow flowers on the side of the road are anything to go by, Spring is just around the corner.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“We have more possibilities available in each moment than we realise.” Tnich Nhat Hanh
Your child received a letter today explaining the ‘Shoebox Gift’ tradition at Our Lady of the Cape. Please click on the following link for some more information and possible gift ideas.
Just a reminder that school photos are this Thursday. All children are required to wear full winter uniform. I have included giving our shoes a polish in the homework section.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘UE’ as in true
3a: ‘SILENT B’ - climb
3b: ‘OR’ as in ‘a’ - doctor
4a: ‘EAR’ as in ‘er’ - earth
4b: ‘Y’ as in ‘I’ - mystery
5a: ‘ERY’ (the place where the act happened) - stationery
5b/6a: ‘CIR’ (around) - circumference
This week, our reading focus is ‘synthesising’. Synthesising is about adding what you’ve read, to all the knowledge that’s already in your brain and coming up with a better understanding of a particular topic. We most often synthesise when we read non-fiction texts.
We are busy using the ‘hamburger analogy’ to help us write the different paragraphs on our planet information report.
This week, we will be learning about ‘graphs’. When we collect data, we can present that data in the form of a graph.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 6
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 25: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x6)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Polish school shoes.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,