Hope everyone managed to soak up some vitamin D yesterday. I had almost forgotten what the sun felt like!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire.” Saint Catherine of Siena
The Year 6’s will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation this Saturday night. Please keep them in your prayers this week.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘OU’ as in couch
3a: ‘TCH’ as in catch
3b: ‘ORE’ as in shore
4a: ‘CH’ as ‘k’ - mechanic
4b: ‘A’ as ‘o’ - wand
5a: ‘Suffix ‘MENT’ - amazement
5b/6a: Suffix ‘SHIP’ - relationship
This week, our reading focus is ‘summarising. Summarising helps identify the main idea and eliminate unnecessary information. It also enables us to put what we’ve read in to our own words so that we can remember it more easily.
We will continue to learn about the structure and language features of information reports. This week, we will be completing our information reports about Dunsborough.
This week, we will be learning about ‘inverse operations’. For example, if we know that 10 + 5 = 15, then we that 15 – 5 = 10.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 3
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 22: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x8)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Set the dinner table each night.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,