Welcome back! I hope you all had a great holiday trying to stay dry and warm.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Anytime you start a sentence with I AM, you are creating what you are and what you want to be.” Wayne Dyer
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
2b: ‘OA’ as in boat
3a: ‘DGE’ as in judge
3b:’ACE’ as in disgrace
4a: ‘A’ as in ‘ar’ - telecast
4b: silent ‘T’ - Christmas
5a: ‘AC’ as in accept
5b/6a: ‘AL’ as in royal
The parent roster or Term 3 is up on the whiteboard. Thank you in advance.
This week, our reading focus is ‘determining importance’. Determining importance is important because it’s impossible to remember every word we read. By thinking only about the facts or messages that are important, we can remember the ‘big idea’ of the text.
For the next few weeks, we will be learning about the structure and language features of information reports.
This week, we will be learning about ‘multiplication and division facts’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 1
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 20: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x6 )
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Help Mum and Dad with dinner.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,