Just a quick blog entry to finish off the term. I hope everyone has a fantastic break and I will see you all next term.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“I didn’t realise it was the last week of term!” said by no teacher ever!
Thank you for all the kind donations to the Design Hub. Can I ask that we hold off until next term before bringing any more recycling in? This will give me a chance to get rid of some of the materials that aren't suitable anymore and make more room for another influx of goods. Cheers!
No readers were given out today as they have made their way back to the library. All children should be reading their own books this week. Thank you!
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
The PLD placement test will be on Wednesday. Children should be revising all the sounds they have learnt over the term. All sounds can be found in their spelling journals.
This week, our reading focus is ‘asking questions’. Questioning before, during and after reading should help the reader to:
· Clarify and review what has happened so far
· Confirm or create new predictions
· Monitor reading for meaning and accuracy
· Make connections between what they know and the content of the text
This week, we will be learning about ‘problem solving’ .
HOME LEARNING WEEK 10
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 19: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x9 )
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,