I hope you all had a great extra long weekend. I know I did! Just a quick blog for the shortened week.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Happy, happy Wednesday! Smile, the week is already half over.” – anonymous.
Thank you to everyone for bringing in some materials. The class looks like the local recycling plant, which is fantastic. We will be building this afternoon, so make sure you keep sending in stuff when you can. Cheers!
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
Below are the sounds each group will be focusing on this week:
2a: ‘I magic E’ – stripe
2b: ‘AW’ – yawn
3a: ‘silent b’ – tomb
3b: ‘OR’ – doctor
4a: ‘ear’ as in ‘er’ - heard
4b: ‘y’ as in ‘I’ - gym
5a: Suffix ‘ery’ - grocery
This week, our reading focus is ‘inferring’. Inferring is when we read between the lines to create a meaning that is not necessarily stated explicitly in the text.
Last week, we wrote a procedure on receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation. This week, the children will be writing a procedure on a game that they like to play.
This week, we will be learning about ‘slides, flips and turns’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 7
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 16: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x3 )
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,