Already into Week 8!!!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” – Gandhi.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
Below are the sounds each group will be focusing on this week:
2a: ‘IR’ – skirt
2b: ‘AW’ – yawn
3a: ‘LE’ – shuffle
3b: ‘OAR’ – board
4a: ‘AGE’ as in ‘ij’ - luggage
4b: ‘USE’ & ‘U’ as in ‘oo’ – refuse, bull
5a: prefix ‘BI’ – bicycle
The Year 3’s will be hosting the prayer assembly this coming Friday. We would love to see you there. We will be performing a pantomime on the story of Zacchaeus. All children have a copy of the pantomime in their homework folders and I have included practising it each night as part of their homework. The children will be dressed in their normal Friday sport uniform.
This week, our reading focus is ‘asking questions’. Questioning is when readers ask questions before, during and after reading to clarify meaning, make predictions, and identify what is important.
We are continuing with procedures.
This week, we will be learning about ‘symmetry’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 8
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 17: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x4 )
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
5. Prayer Assembly Practice - Pantomime
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,