I hope you had a fantastic weekend! I can’t believe we are already into Week 9 of Term 2 and the mid-year break is just around the corner.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It’s nice to be important, but it’s more important to be nice.” – Unknown.
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
Below are the sounds each group will be focusing on this week:
2a: ‘OW’ – Shown
2b: ‘UR’ – hurt
3a: ‘EY’ – chimney
3b: ‘QU’ – quit
4a: ‘AUGH & OUGH’ as in ‘or’ - daughter
4b: ‘AU’ as ‘ar’ and ‘or’ – laugh, cause
5a: suffix ‘IBLE’ – intelligible
Please note that next week, all students will sit the PLD Placement Test for next term's groups.
This week, our reading focus is ‘making connections. Making connections is when readers make connections between:
When readers connect a text to something they know or have experienced, they can understand it better.
Our writing focus is on Conventions, in particular, ‘CAPITalISATION’.
This week, we will be investigating ‘number patterns’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 9
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 18: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x7 )
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,