Sunday, 28 May 2017

Term 2 - Week 6

Hi parents,

Welcome to Week 6! I hope you had a fantastic weekend. I can’t believe how quickly this term is flying by. A big congratulations to all the Year 3’s that received the Sacrament of Reconciliation last week and a huge thank you to the prayer buddies for their support.  

QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.” – Erma Bombeck.

PARENT ROSTER
The parent roster is up in the classroom.

PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
Below are the sounds each group will be focusing on this week:
2a: ‘O magic E’ – rope
2b: ‘OU’ – found
3a: ‘EA’ – bread
3b: ‘G’ as in ‘J’ – hinge
4a: ‘G’ as in ‘J’ - gentle
4b: ‘OUS’ - joyous
5a: Prefixes ‘IN’ and ‘IM’

LITERACY FOCUS
This week, our reading focus is ‘inferring’. Inferring is when we read between the lines to create a meaning that is not necessarily stated explicitly in the text.
Last week, we began examining the structure of procedures. This week, we will be writing a procedure on receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation.

NUMERACY FOCUS
This week, we will be learning about ‘angles’.

 HOME LEARNING WEEK 6
The following tasks should be completed each night:

1.    Reading (readers) - 10mins
2.     UNIT 15: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 8)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check

The following tasks are only required to be completed once:

1.    Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2.    Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3.    Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.



Enjoy the week,

Mr. Jones