NAPLAN week is finally upon us. Rather than make a big deal about it with the kids, home learning tasks will continue as normal. Please note, that a LSCWC is now required each night for their PLD spelling. Could you make sure that your child has checked their spelling with a tick, if it is correct, or a line under the part of the word that they have spelt incorrectly. The LSCWC should be completed in their thin spelling pad.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
A reminder to all the children who a receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation to hand in the form that includes when and where they were baptised (please remember to include the Parish and suburb). It was also discussed that $10 should be handed to me ASAP. This covers the cost of certificates and pins etc… Thank you in advance.
The parent roster will be up towards the end of the week. I will post a blog to let you know when this happens.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 3
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 12: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 9)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Housework – Set the table each night.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,