Welcome back to Term 2. We have a very busy term ahead for the Year 3’s. First up will be NAPLAN in Week 3 and in Week 5, the children will receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. A very exciting time for any child as they begin their faith journey.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Be kind…, tender hearted, forgiving…, even as God in Christ forgave you.” Ephesians 4:32
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
There will be a Sacrament of Reconciliation Workshop in the hall on Thursday 4th May – 5:30pm to 6:30pm. This is compulsory for all children and their parent/s who are receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation in 2017. Look forward to seeing you there.
Due to NAPLAN beginning in Week 3, I won’t be needing any parent helpers until Week 4. I will let you know when the parent roster is up.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 2
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 11: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 6)
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Housework – Clean a room in the house.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
This week, we will be doing our final preparations for NAPLAN. This means we will be writing a narrative and a persuasive text this week. We will also be covering some language convention style questions.
This week, our numeracy lessons will take on an ‘investigation rotation’ feel. This involves working in pairs to solve a variety of NAPLAN style problems.
Enjoy the week,