I wish all mothers a Happy Mother’s Day for yesterday. I hope your family spoilt you before the weather arrived. The students and myself are very glad that the NAPLAN week is finally behind us. Big congratulations to all the children! Now we can concentrate on receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation next week.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION
A reminder to all the children who a receiving the Sacrament of Reconciliation to hand in the form that includes when and where they were baptised (please remember to include the Parish and suburb). It was also discussed that $10 should be handed to me ASAP. This covers the cost of certificates and pins etc… Thank you in advance.
The Year 3 students have begun their Friendology program and are enjoying learning about creating healthy relationships. A requirement of the program, is that the children find a quiet spot and reflect on the things that they are grateful for. This could be done daily or weekly and shouldn’t take more than a couple of minutes.
The parent roster will be up during the week. I will post a blog to let you know when this happens. Sorry for the delay, however, I am in the process of changing when parent help will be needed.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 4
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 13: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: (x 6)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Friendology 101 – What am I grateful for today?
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,