Welcome back to Term 4! I hope you had a fantastic time over the holidays.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” Thich Nhat Hanh
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
3a: ‘DGE’ as in ledge
3b: ‘ACE’ as in trace
4a: ‘A’ as in ‘ar’ - cast
4b: ‘SILENT T’ - often
5a: ‘AC’ as in accurate
5b: ‘AL’ as in royal
6a: ‘SILENT H’ - dinghy
The Year 3 Design Hub will be up and running for weeks 5 to 9. If you could save any suitable building materials from the recycling bin and drop them into the class, that would be great!
YEAR 3 ASSEMBLY
The year 3 assembly is scheduled for Friday Week 6. Hopefully, many of you will be able to make it on the day. I will let you all know if anything is needed from home.
This week, our reading focus is ‘summarising’. Summarising helps us identify the main idea and eliminate unnecessary information. For a narrative text, this strategy focuses on summarising story elements (i.e. beginning, middle and end).
The students will begin exploring narrative writing this week.
This week, the students will be conducting ‘chance experiments’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 1
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 29: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x11)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Set the table for dinner.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,