What a contrast between this week’s weather and the weather we had over the weekend! Hopefully, this is the last of the rain and we can finally settle into some Springtime weather!
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“It’s not how big the house is, it’s how happy the home is” unknown
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
3a: ‘IGH’ as in high
3b: ‘TCH’ as in catch
4a: ‘A’ as in ‘o’ – s quabble
4b: ‘A’ as in ‘o’ - quantity
5a: ‘IAL’ as in potential
5b: ‘SILENT C’ - scene
6a: ‘ISE’ – organise and ‘YSE’ - analyse
The Year 3 Design Hub will be up and running for weeks 5 to 9. If you could save any suitable building materials from the recycling bin and drop them into the class, that would be great!
YEAR 3 ASSEMBLY
The year 3 assembly is scheduled for Friday Week 6. Hopefully, many of you will be able to make it on the day. I will let you all know if anything is needed from home.
This week, our reading focus is ‘questioning. Questioning before, during and after reading should help the reader to:
· Clarify and review what has happened so far
· Confirm or create new predictions
· Monitor reading for meaning and accuracy
· Make connections between what they know and the content of the text
The students will continue to explore narrative writing this week. We will focus on language features, narrative paragraphs and creating a setting and a character.
This week, the students will be learning about ‘money’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 2
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 31: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x8)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Play a game with the family.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,