I hope you enjoyed the fantastic weather over the weekend.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
“Hay fever sufferers tend to be above average in intelligence” Andrew Tobias
PLD SPELLING SOUNDS
3a: ‘PH’ as in photograph
3b: ‘AIR’ as in hairy
4a: ‘CH’ as “k” - mechanic
4b: ‘C’ as “s” - bicycle
5a: Suffix ‘MENT’ (a state or condition) - argument
5b: Suffix ‘SHIP’ (state of being) - friendship
6a: ‘ERY’ – stationery, ‘ARY’ – stationary, ‘ORY’ - observatory
The Year 3 Design Hub will be up and running for weeks 5 to 9. If you could save any suitable building materials from the recycling bin and drop them into the class, that would be great!
YEAR 3 ASSEMBLY
The year 3 assembly is scheduled for Friday Week 6. Hopefully, many of you will be able to make it on the day. I will let you all know if anything is needed from home.
This week, our reading focus is ‘inferring’. Inferring is when readers combine what is read with relevant prior knowledge. When we infer, we use our background knowledge to help us work out unknown words, and we use picture and word clues to help us understand what is happening in the text.
The students will continue to explore narrative writing this week. We will focus on creating a character, quotation marks and developing a plot.
This week, the students will be learning about ‘mass’.
HOME LEARNING WEEK 3
The following tasks should be completed each night:
1. Reading (readers) - 10mins
2. UNIT 32: Day 1, Day 2, Day 3 and Day 4 of mental maths. (Day 5 will be completed on Friday during class) please note that your child may complete more than 1 day on any night, however, it is necessary that you mark their work with them once completed.
3. Times Tables: Revise (x7)
4. Look, Say, Cover, Write, Check
The following tasks are only required to be completed once:
1. Physical activity (includes team or club sport, dancing etc) - 15mins
2. Teach your parents something you were taught at school.
3. Tell your parents something that you are grateful for this week.
When a task has been completed, your child is required to tick it off in the diary.
Enjoy the week,